Employers must begin using new I-9 Form
As of January 22, 2017, employers must use the new I-9 Form when onboarding new employees.
In using the I-9, make sure you follow these steps:
- Employee accepts offer of employment. (Applicants do not complete the form when they apply.)
- Employee completes section 1 no later than the first day of work.
- Employee gives form to employer.
- Employer completes section 2 no later than third business day of work.
- If employee’s work authorization expires, complete section 3.
Alabama employers are required to use E-Verify.
Download a copy of the new form.
Download a copy of the instructions for the new form.
Items on this web page are general in nature. They cannot—and should not—replace consultation with a competent legal professional. Nothing on this web page should be considered rendering legal advice.